Sunday, October 10, 2021

My 2004 London Quarter

During our travels in London, my partner and I were intrigued by the exhibits we experienced at the Tate Modern, in London.
This head was frozen, HIV positive, with the blood still attached! 
It was then refrigerated, and allowed to break down in real time!  
One can't help but THINK when confronted with a display like this- it pushes at many of our boundaries, while evoking a sense of curiosity at the same time.

A playful piece at the Tate.

At the National Gallery in London. The painting above is a famous nude I'm partial to! At bottom the subject is two ambassadors, by Holbein. The object in the foreground resolves into a skull!  We loved the presentations about Holbein's "perspective" techniques. 
"Romeo and Juliet" production at London's Globe Theater, 2004. My partner K and I got standing seats, just like the crowd members during Shakespeare's era!
From Rome, the famous sculpture of Daphne and Apollo, Bernini. I think Bernini is just about the best!
The Library at the British Museum. One of our favorite rooms. Such a soaring perspective!
These are old maps, but it is still possible to create GPS routes with them. We did this quite a lot in 2004!


A Royal enclosure, with part of our GPS route  around it!


The Tower of London, Thames entrance.
This exhibit of shrouded heads at the Tate Modern invited you to participate. I bowed my head and followed instructions that included looking outward from beneath a shroud!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment